British Gas Homecare 200 Cover Review
British Gas has several central heating breakdown cover plans and the homecare 200 is the entry level policy which covers the basics. Here’s our review.
Many of us try to keep costs low so when it comes to insurance we often ask why we should get the cover. It’s only those of us who remember when our boiler breaks down and we have no central heating or hot water that have such a plan. The British Gas Homecare 200 policy starts at just £17 per month (and there are some special deals around sometimes to save an additional 10% if you are a new customer and pay by monthly direct debit).
Why choose homecare 200 from British Gas ?
Here’s are some of the reasons British Gas mention about their homecare 200 product and why you should choose them:
- You get immediate access to a 24/7 UK manned telephone hotline 365 days per year so you can report a problem straight away
- There are no limits to the number of times you telephone British Gas
- You get an annual service included each year
- British Gas fixed over 2.2 million systems in the UK last year
- All British Gas engineers are Gas Safe qualified (formally CORGI registered system)
- The engineer will call you when they are on their way to your home so you can plan your day better
Some of the items they can fix
There are many problems that could occur with heating systems and here’s a run down of just a few things that are covered under this policy
- Your heating doesn’t come on at all because of a faulty pump
- You have leaking radiators or pipes
- Your radiators are over heating because of a faulty thermostat
- Your cold water tank is over flowing because of a faulty ball valve
So what’s covered ?
Once you pay your monthly fee there are no other costs to pay. Some of the items that are fully covered include replacing a boiler circuit board, repairing a leaking radiator, replacing the boiler fan, replacing the heat exchanger, replacing a thermostat, replacing a central heating pump, replacing a time clock or pilot light and if it can’t be repaired replacing the boiler itself.
All parts and labour are included in the contract and if you want to reduce your monthly price even further then you could choose homecare 200 flexi for £12.50 per month and you then pay a £50 excess for each completed repair.
Our view of homecare 200
We recommend that you have some form of insurance policy against the breakdown of your gas heating boiler and the British Gas homecare 200 is a great entry level product designed for this purpose. British Gas also has two other products in their home care range that would include electrics and plumbing. These are homecare 300 and homecare 400which of course cost a little more but cover more. We would recommend the homecare 200 product as a minimum for any home and with this you also get the annual service. Check the British Gas website to sign up online and don’t forget to check out the exclusive offers section to save more money which can be found under the maintenance and repair section.
Other Articles of Interest