MPAS Online Meter Point Administration Service
Mpas online is a system for obtaining a meter point administration number and is often used to find out who supplies your electricity and gas.
The Mpas online database is for registered users and is updated continually during the day and is not available for indiviual customers if you need to find your meter point administration number (MPAN).
What is a MPAN?
Your Mpan or meter point registration number is usually printed on your invoice your receive from the energy company that provides your electricity and gas. The Mpan is for electricity only and the gas is known as a meter point.
The number is made up of two parts with the core data on the bottom line (which is its unique identifier) and the supplementary data on the top line (which show the characteristics of the supply and comes from the supplier).
The profile class is as follows:
- 00 Half-hourly supply
- 01 Domestic Unrestricted
- 02 Domestic Economy 7
- 03 Non-Domestic Unrestricted
- 04 Non-Domestic Economy 7
- 05 Non-domestic, with MD recording capability and with LF less than or equal to 20%
- 06 Non-domestic, with MD recording capability and with LF less than or equal to 30% and greater than 20%
- 07 Non-domestic, with MD recording capability and with LF less than or equal to 40% and greater than 30%
- 08 Non-domestic, with MD recording capability and with LF greater than 40% (also all NHH export MSIDs)
The distributor id is as follows:
As the UK is still divided up into 14 supply areas then the distributor id is also associated with the traditional areas. The list below shows the distributor id first, then the area of the UK who supplies the electricity, the supplier name and the market participant ID at the end :
- 10 Eastern England EDF Energy Networks EELC
- 11 East Midlands Central Networks EMEB
- 12 London EDF Energy Networks LOND
- 13 Merseyside and Northern Wales ScottishPower MANW
- 14 West Midlands Central Networks MIDE
- 15 North Eastern England CE Electric UK NEEB
- 16 North Western England Electricity North West NORW
- 17 Northern Scotland SSE Power Distribution HYDE
- 18 Southern Scotland ScottishPower SPOW
- 19 South Eastern England EDF Energy Networks SEEB
- 20 Southern England SSE Power Distribution SOUT
- 21 Southern Wales Western Power Distribution SWAE
- 22 South Western England Western Power Distribution SWEB
- 23 Yorkshire CE Electric UK YELG
Contacting someone to find your MPAS number
If you can’t find your mpas code on your electricity bill or via the online system then finding out who supplies you and your number is just a telephone call away. No matter who your supplier is you’ll need to phone the company in your area of the UK to obtain your MPAS number as follows :
- Eastern England EDF Energy Networks 0845 601 5467
- East Midlands Central Networks 0845 603 0618
- London EDF Energy Networks 0845 600 0102
- Merseyside and Northern Wales ScottishPower 0845 270 9107
- West Midlands Central Networks 0845 603 0618
- North Eastern England CE Electric UK 0845 330 0889
- North Western England Electricity North West 0870 751 0093
- Northern Scotland SSE Power Distribution 0845 744 4555
- Southern Scotland ScottishPower 0845 270 9107
- South Eastern England EDF Energy Networks 0845 601 5467
- Southern England SSE Power Distribution 0845 744 4555
- Southern Wales Western Power Distribution 0845 601 5972
- South Western England Western Power Distribution 0845 601 5972
- Yorkshire CE Electric UK 0845 330 0889
So if you need mpas online then you’ll likely be an electricity provider and if you want to know your mpan and you can’t find it on your electric bill then call one of the numbers in your region above and they can help you find it.