Free Energy Monitor From British Gas on Energy Smart
If you want to check just how much electricity you are using in your home which in itself will save you money then why not pick up one of these free energy monitors when you switch to a British Gas tariff.
Almost all of the big energy companies are now providing a free energy monitor when you switch your energy to one of their specialised tariffs and British Gas are no exception. Their renowned energy smart tariff combines discounted rates together with the electronic monitor that is easy to plug into your home and see just how much electricity you are using at any given time so you are able to adjust your usage and thus lower your bills.
The energy smart option is not a separate tariff per se but an option that you can add into your existing tariff (although it doesn’t apply to the websaver tariffs because these are BG’s cheapest options). Having said that the monitor is worth perhaps £50 but you get much more besides.
What else comes with your energy monitor ?
The actual monitor is just the beginning of the exercise as you also receive all the following benefits :
- A free energy monitor that provides instant readings of your electricity consumption
- Access to free online tools and reporting that shows your usage over a period of time
- Estimated savings of up to £150 per year – because you are seeing what appliances are generating the most consumption just by using the monitor you will probably change your usage of certain items in your home which will lead to lower bills in the longer term
- You submit your own meter readings so your bill will be 100% accurate – BG have made submitting the data really easy – you can log into your online account, send a text message or use their free iphone app
- No more paper bills – you’ll get an email when your bill is ready so you can log on and check to see what is happening
- Get 3,400 nectar points each year just by having energy smart
- Use the British Gas free iphone app – check everything on your account and submit your meter readings
Are you an existing British Gas customer? Then add energy smart today
This offer is available for new or existing customers of British Gas – if you are an existing customer just visit the British Gas website and add energy smart to your account. It’s really that easy. Once this option has been added then you will receive your energy monitor in the post.
Setting up your energy monitor
This is the real easy part. The actual monitor just plugs into your mains electricity (and the usage is negligible) and then there is a small transmitter device that you clip onto your meter wiring. You need no special skills and the transmitter really does clip on. Once you have both parts ready you are set. The monitor will then be collecting the data which you can read directly or go to your iphone app or online account to view the data over a longer period of time.