British Gas Billing Enquiries Telephone and Address Details
If you need to contact British Gas for billing or customer services enquiries and want telephone numbers, email addresses or a postal address, then here’s all the information you need.
For British Gas Billing Enquiries
If you’re currently a British Gas customer and have a billing enquiry it’s best to set up an online account with them using the information from a recent bill. It’s easy to do from their website and then once you have access, you’ll be able to submit your own meter readings, check your bill and see what current tariff you are being billed on. Just go to their main website and check the top right-hand corner for more information.
Billing Telephone Numbers
If you don’t want to be registered you can contact them by using one of the following methods.
- For gas and electricity account questions, telephone 0333 202 9802. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, and closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- For Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) energy such as pre-paid meters, contact 0330 100 0303. The lines are open at the same times as for the account enquiries.
You can also email British Gas, although you won’t get an answer for at least three days. Therefore, it’s best to use the telephone if you have something you want an answer to right away.
Calls to 0333 and 0330 numbers are usually included in a mobile or landline call plan. If not, charges from a BT landline are 12p/min plus 21p connection fee.
British Gas Postal Addresses
If you want to write to British Gas, then use the following postal addresses:
- For general queries and correspondence: British Gas, PO Box 227, ROTHERHAM, S98 1PD.
- For complaints: British Gas, Complaints Management Team, PO Box 226, Rotherham, S98 1PB.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
If you have a gas emergency, you should telephone the national gas helpline on 0800 111 999 right away. These lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have an electricity emergency, then you need to contact your local regional electricity company for any electric issues you wish to report. Most of these companies have Twitter accounts that contain an almost live status on their networks including power cuts, outages, maintenance, and estimated completion times. You can also dial 105 from a landline to be put through to your network operator.
Other British Gas Telephone Numbers
Your Gas and Electricity Supply
Apart from the main numbers listed above, there are additional telephone numbers for other types of enquiries you may have that are listed below:
- If you are moving home – 0333 202 9802
- If you are calling the UK from overseas – +44 113 298 0900
- If you want to join British Gas, contact sales on 0333 202 9802 (option 3)
- Gas or electricity theft – 0800 587 2737
- Bereavement support – 0333 202 9338
- Gas and electricity meter issues – 0333 009 6135
- Welsh speakers – 0333 202 9630
- Complaints – 0333 202 9532
- Add to priority register for credit accounts – 0800 0728 625
- Add to priority register for PAYG accounts – 0800 294 8604
The above numbers are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, closed on Saturday and Sundays. The bereavement support line is open Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm, Saturdays and Sundays between 8am and 6pm.
Boiler and Homecare Contacts
Whether you have a Homecare agreement or not, British Gas can help.
- For new or replacement boilers – 0333 202 9450
- For homecare customers for boiler breakdown – 0333 200 8899
- For non homecare customers for central heating breakdown – 0333 202 9799
- Annual boiler service visits – 0330 100 0079
The lines for the central heating breakdown service are open 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
If you want to talk to the Energy Ombudsman, you can contact them Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm on 0330 440 1624 or Citizens Advice (formally Consumer Direct) on 0800 144 8848 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.