British Gas Homecare 400 Insurance Plan Review
A review of the homecare 400 plan as offered by British Gas to cover repairs to boilers and central heating systems.
If you want a comprehensive insurance policy to cover everything to do with your heating systems then the British Gas homecare 400 insurance policy could be for you. It’s their top of the range plan that covers absolutely everything from boiler and controls, central heating system, plumbing and drains and home electrics.
The standard plan comes with no excess (so you pay no more than your monthly fee) and can be had at £27 per month but if you pay each £50 of repair this can be reduced to £18 per month (there could be different price plans if you are within the M25 area).
British Gas Homecare 400 at a Glance
So what does this plan offer you as a homeowner if you are looking for cover that is comprehensive ?
- Includes a annual service for your boiler
- 24/7 emergency hotline number
- Access to over 6,900 fully qualified gas safe registered engineers (formally the CORGI registered scheme)
- Covers all repairs to boilers, controls, radiators, pipes, hot water system, non shared drains, and electrical wiring
- There is no limit to the number of call outs you make during the year
- All parts and labour are included
- Emergency callouts same day in 8 out of 10 instances if you call before 9.30am and have no heating system or hot water supply for whatever reason
- No age limitations on boiler age but it must be in working order
- Boiler replaced if it can not be repaired with additional parts
- Additional discounts if you simply want to replace your existing boiler
- No claims discounts kick in after 2 years of not having a call out on your property
Other information and tips
You don’t need to be a British Gas customer to take out the homecare 400 plan and there is no age limit to your boiler when you take out the plan so long as it’s in full working order. You also get a maintenance inspection every 2 years for electrical fixtures and fittings as well as your plumbing work.
You can apply online via the British Gas website for any homecare plan that they offer and get full cover right away. British Gas offers other homecare policies that have less cover under their homecare 200 and homecare 300 schemes.
Our view of home care 400
Although if you search online for reviews you may find the odd negative comment but this company has come along way in recent years with customer service and if you are looking for a fully comprehensive policy that covers absolutely everything to do with your boiler and heating system then the British Gas Homecare 400 plan is worth investigating. All the other energy providers offer some form of breakdown insurance and if you are looking for comparative offers just check that they also include annual servicing and their responses times. You can find more information on their website or call their sales hot line for more information on the product and to apply for it.