Npower Sign online 18 Tariff Review
Npower has launched the newest version of its sign online tariffs this time number 18 which provides fixed prices for a fixed period of time.
The new npower sign online 18 tariff is now the cheapest tariff in the UK for many regions and puts it number 1 in the best buy tables in front of new energy supplier OVO.
Sign online 18 tariff at a glance
Here’s what you’ll get from the sign online 18 tariff
- Discounted electricity and gas prices until June 30th 2011
- For dual fuel tariffs only
- 2% discount against standard variable tariff for contract term
- £20 exit fees per fuel supply if you decide to move during the rates period
- Direct debit discounts applied after 12 months (so you won’t get the discount if you move within the first 12 months)
- You must pay by direct debit
- You can manage your account online – so no more paper bills and you can enter your own meter readings
Advantages and disadvantages of this tariff
If you are thinking of switching over to the sign online 18 tariff then here’s are review of the main advantages and disadvantages of moving your electricity and gas supply to npower :
- Currently the cheapest tariff in the UK for dual fuel for most regions (check your own prices on a price comparison website or directly with npower to ensure that it really is the cheapest option for your postcode)
- Ability to manage your account online and enter your own meter readings so your bills are always accurate
- You have to take the dual fuel option – ie: both electricity and gas – but this is probably the cheapest option for both fuels in any case
- There are exit penalties of £20 per fuel (ie: £40) if you move away from this tariff before the end of June 2011
- You don’t get your direct debit discount unless you stay with the tariff for a full 12 months
- You have to pay by direct debit and take online account management
Our review in summary
If you’re looking for the best prices in the market for gas and electricity and are willing to keep the tariff for at least the term of the contract and are unlikely to move home before the end of June 2011 then we would recommend this tariff in most circumstances. Why? because for most regions in the UK this is this tariff has the cheapest rates for electricity and gas. The market is very competitive and new deals from the other major energy companies are coming out all of the time but if you keep waiting then you’ll not receive the benefits of the lower prices that are currently being offered.
What next ? Our advice would be to either go to one of the price comparison websites and key in your postcode and monthly or yearly consumption figures to see if this really is the best deal for your postcode. You can then sign up for this deal online and take advantage of the lower prices immediately. The switching process will be undertaken by npower on your behalf so once you are signed up to the sign online 18 tariff there is nothing more for you to do except get lower prices !