British Gas Websaver 8 Discount Tariff with Web Saver 8
British gas have just launched version 8 of their ever popular websaver tariff that provides people with a 6% discount off their standard tariff until October 2011.
What is British Gas Websaver 8 Tariff ?
In essence this is a discounted tariff where you receive a 6% discount deducted from the standard tariff which is already one of the cheapest main tariffs on offer in the energy market. The popular websaver tariffs from British Gas have always provided excellent value for money and this saves an average user £184 over the standard rates.
Websaver 8 Tariff at a glance
If you are thinking of switching to British Gas or are already a customer and want to change to this tariff here are the basics of this account at a glance :
- 6% discount off standard tariff saving £184 per year for an average customer
- It’s the cheapest British Gas tariff online
- Discount applied up to 1st October 2011
- Dual fuel discount of £15 on top of the 6% discount
- If you are a British Gas customer and pay by cheque or cash and then opt to pay by monthly direct debit you save a further £73
- Limited time offer
- You must pay for this tariff by fixed monthly direct debit
- An early cancellation fee of £30 per fuel type will be charged if you move from these prices up to 1st July 2011
- Average annual dual fuel bill is £899
How to Switch to Websaver 8 tariff
You can easily upgrade your existing British Gas tariff or switch from another provider to websaver 8 just by visiting the British Gas main website. Just select electricity, gas or dual fuel and get an online quote and if you are happy with the rates and prices then follow instructions to join up on these cheap rates. The switching process is undertaken by British Gas themselves so you don’t have to do anything. Just ensure you take a meter reading on the day of the switch to ensure your invoices are correct if you are moving from another supplier.
How much will I pay ?
The prices for websaver 8 will vary depending on where you live in the UK and regional pricing applies for all energy companies but here are some examples of what you would pay based upon standard figures for consumption as supplied by Ofgem the industry regulator :
- Gas supply only – low energy user £350, average energy user £602, high energy user £782
- Electricity only – low energy user £194, average energy user £312, high energy user £454
- Dual fuel contract – low energy user £538, average energy user £899, high energy user £1,221
The gas and electricity only fuel contracts are generally only available for existing customers only whereas the websaver 8 dual fuel tariff is available for new and existing customers.
The prices quoted above are as follows : low energy consumption of 10,000 kwh for gas and 1,650 for single rate electricity, average user consumption of 20,500 kwh for gas and 3,300 kwh for electricity and for high energy user the consumption figures have been based upon 28,000 kwh for gas and 4,950 for single tariff electricity.
So why not get an online quote right now for the new British Gas websaver 8 tariff directly from their website and see justhow much you may save.
Other Articles of Interest
- No related posts