British Gas Homecare 300 Cover Review
A review of the breakdown cover insurance plan from British Gas called homecare 300 which is the second most comprehensive plan on offer.
The homecare 300 central heating and boiler breakdown insurance cover plan is the same version as the homecare 400 plan but without cover for home electrics which for most people should be sufficient and you’ll save between £3 and £5 per month for opting for this lower plan. Overall, for £22.50 you get full cover on your boiler and controls, central heating system and plumbing and drains and there is no excess. However you can pay a fixed £50 per call out/ completed repair under the homecare 300 flexi plan and reduce your monthly price to just £15 which is a small price to pay for such a comprehensive plan. And with all British Gas breakdown and emergency cover insurance you get access to fully qualified engineers.
British Gas Homecare 300 Plan at a Glance
If you are thinking of taking cover for your central heating and boiler system and also want to include all the drains and plumbing then this is a plan worth considering. The cover offers you peace of mind for your whole system and offers the following benefits:
- Emergency cover 24 hours a day 7 days per week
- 8 out of 10 calls serviced the same day if you call before 9.30 and don’t have heating or hot water
- All repairs carried out free of charge (unless you opt for the fixed fee flexi 300 plan) and covers everything for your boiler including the controls, your radiators and general heating system, hot water system, all repairs to pipes and internal waste systems and all non shared external drains
- You can make unlimited call outs during your contract
- Discounts for no claims during the year
- Additional discounts on new boilers if you want to replace your existing one
- Annual service of your boiler
- Access to over 7,000 highly qualified and gas safe registered engineers (formally the CORGI scheme)
Why Choose This Plan ?
This is a great and cost effective insurance plan for your whole central heating and hot water system that also includes plumbing and external drains. This is good news if you happen to get a burst pipe during the winter time but also you get the cover for your boiler and internal plumbing. With the fast call out times and access to qualified staff from British Gas this is another plan under the home care plan group that we recommend for UK households.
Anything Else about the Homecare 300 Plan ?
If you want to pay the £50 fixed completed repair cost of £50 under the homecare 300 flexi plan then this only costs £15 per month and includes the annual servicing plan for your boiler and a check on your plumbing every 2 years. If you have the cover for 2 years or more there are also no claims discounts which will be applied to your account. You can get this cover instantly by getting a quote from the British Gas website or by call their telephone sales team in the UK. The costs may be slightly higher if you live within the M25 so it’s best to check the pricing for the homecare 300 for your home.