British Gas Billing Enquiries Telephone and Address Details
If you need to contact British Gas for billing or customer services enquiries and want telephone numbers, email addresses or a postal address then here’s all the information you need.
For British Gas Billing Enquiries
If you’re a British Gas customer and have a billing enquiry, then if you have your current bill to hand, it’s best to set up an online account with them. It’s easy to do from their website and then once you have access, you’ll be able to submit your own meter readings, check your bill and see what current tariff you are being billed on. Just go to their main website and check the top right hand corner for more information.
If you don’t want to be registered you can contact them by using one of the following methods.
- For gas and electricity account questions, telephone 0800 048 0202. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturdays from 8am to 6pm and Sundays are closed. There is no cost for this call.
- For technical support, telephone 0800 048 0505. This line is open 7 days a week from 7am to 11pm.
- For pay as you go energy, contact 0800 048 0303. The lines are open for the same times as for the account enquiries.
You can also email them, although you won’t get an answer for at least 3 days, so it’s best to use the telephone if you have something you want an answer to right away.
British Gas Postal Addresses
If you want to write to British Gas, then use the following postal addresses:
- For general queries and correspondence: British Gas, PO Box 227, ROTHERHAM, S98 1PD.
- For complaints: British Gas, Complaints Management Team, PO Box 226, Rotherham, S98 1PB.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
If you have a gas emergency, you should telephone the national gas helpline on 0800 111 999 right away.
If you have an electricity emergency you need to contact your local electricity company and all those numbers are listed here for any electric emergency you wish to report.
Other British Gas Telephone Numbers
Apart from the main ones listed above, there are additional telephone numbers for other types of enquiries you may have listed below :
- If you are moving home – 0800 048 0202.
- If you are calling the UK from overseas – +44 113 298 0900.
- If you want to join British Gas contact sales on 0800 048 0202.
- For new or replacement boilers – 0845 600 9400.
- Gas supply installations – 0800 072 5280.
- Gas or electricity theft – 0800 587 2737.
- Energy savings advice – 0800 072 8629.
The above numbers are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday from 8am to 6pm and closed on Sundays.
- For homecare customers for boiler breakdown – 0845 600 5100.
- For non homecare customers for central heating breakdown – 0845 077 7111.
The lines for the central heating breakdown service are open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
If you want to talk to the energy ombudsman you can contact them Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 0845 055 0760 or consumer direct on 0845 404 0506.